Old English Nursery Rhymes
Yoto Says:_ _These nursery rhymes have been enjoyed by children for hundreds of years, with many of the original versions still popular today. How many of these classic songs do you know?
- Girls and boys come out to play
- Polly put the kettle on / Lucy Locket
- Jack and Jill went up the hill
- Tom, he was a piper’s son
- Little boy blue, come blow your horn
- Little Miss Muffet, she sat on a tuffet
- Oh dear what can the matter be?
- Here we go round the mulberry bush
- Oranges and lemons 10. Oats and beans and barley grow 11. The farmer’s in his den 12. Dance to your daddy 13. A ring o’roses 14. Hey diddle diddle/Humpty Dumpty 15. I had four brothers over the sea 16. I saw a ship a-sailing 17. There was a man lived in the moon 18. If all the world were paper 19. Lavender’s blue 20. Sing a song of sixpence 21. I had a little nut tree 22. Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead 23. Old King Cole was a merry old soul 24. Grand old Duke of York / Lion and the unicorn 25. Ding dong bell, pussy’s in the well 26. Hickory dickory dock 27. Three blind mice 28. There were three little kittens 29. Little pussy 30. Pussy cat, pussy cat, where have you been? 31. Three mice went into a hole to spin 32. A jolly fat frog lived in the river 33. The north wind doth blow 34. Who killed Cock Robin? 35. A frog he would a wooing go 36. Mary had a little lamb 37. Baa baa black sheep 38. Little Bo Peep 39. Hot cross buns 40. Little Jack Horner 41. Dame get up and bake your pies 42. Pat a cake, pat a cake, baker’s man 43. Oh, what have you got for dinner Mrs Bond? 44. Hush a bye baby on the tree top 45. Dance a baby diddy 46. Hey diddle dumpling, my son John 47. Twinkle twinkle little star 48. Sleep, baby sleep
Get free delivery with Yoto ClubJoin Yoto Club today!
Find out about our standard delivery and returns.