Delivery, Returns & Recycling
Where we ship
We currently ship worldwide from yotoplay.com but there may be some countries where we cannot, due to high shipping costs or regulatory reasons. This will be indicated at checkout.
For US customers, please visit us.yotoplay.com.
For Canadian customers, please visit ca.yotoplay.com.
For European (including Norway and Switzerland) customers, please visit eu.yotoplay.com.
For Australian customers, please visit au.yotoplay.com
Excluding Club where International Shipping is not currently available. Club can only be shipped with in the UK.
Shipping times vary by location - if your ordered products are in stock we will aim to dispatch by the next business day. If your order is urgent, visit our Amazon shop, which offers Prime services for UK customers.
UK Standard shipping time: 3-5 working days from dispatch (Parcel delivery by Yodel, post delivery by Whistl*)
Whistl letter deliveries are initially sorted by Whistl and then passed to Royal Mail for "final mile" sortation and delivery.
If your parcel is delivered by Royal Mail, they have recently made changes to their service - these can be found here.
Rest of the world Standard shipping time: 10-14 working days from dispatch
Please only contact us if you have still not received your order 7 days after expected arrival. Thanks for your understanding.
Cost of delivery
We currently only offer free delivery to UK (subject to minimum order value - £40). For other countries and lower order values, the shipping cost will be indicated at Checkout. Note that shipping costs are calculated after discount code or tokens have been applied.
For UK, order under £40 - shipping cost is £2.99.
For the rest of the world, shipping cost vary by items - between £4.95 and £19.95.
Items for delivery outside the European Union may be subject to import duties, taxes and fees. These are levied once the items reach the specified destination. You, the customer, are responsible for import duties, taxes and fees incurred on your purchases. However, for orders placed on our website, you will be charged the delivered price. Customs authorities may request personal information such as Social Security number when inspecting your parcel; failure to provide this information to Customs will result in the parcel being returned, we therefore recommend that the recipient’s telephone details be included with the order. In this instance we are unable to refund the cost of postage and packaging. Please note that for items you order, you are considered the importer and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which the items are to be delivered. Please note that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. Yotoplay.com cannot guarantee that your goods will arrive in the same condition that they were dispatched should they be subject to inspection.
When purchased from yotoplay.com, you can return Yoto Players, Yoto Minis, Yoto Cards, Yoto Card Packs or Yoto supplied accessories within 60 days of purchase, for any reason.
The product must be undamaged, with its original packaging, and with all the original contents. Return arrangements may vary by region (details below).
- Contact us using the form on our support website.
- We will make the best arrangements depending on your return type, location and general situation.
- If you are returning from an address in the UK, EU, USA or Canada, then Yoto will pay for the return shipping and will confirm arrangements during this process.
- If you are returning from outside one of those regions, then you will need to arrange and pay for the shipping. It is your responsibility to also arrange any insurance and packaging you deem appropriate, and you accept the responsibility of risk for any loss or damage during shipping.
- If Yoto is arranging your return, please note that you may need a printer to print the return label that we will email to you.
- Make sure you will include your order number with your returned parcel.
- Send the parcel, packaged to avoid any damage, from your local Post Office or drop-off point.
- Once we have received the product, and if the item is in satisfactory condition, we will refund your original payment within 5 working days.
- If the product is returned damaged, incomplete (card packs need to be returned complete and as sold) or not in the original packaging, this may result either in a reduction to your refund to compensate for the loss in value, or your return being made available for your collection without refund.
If you wish to request a refund rather than have a repair or replacement, and you purchased your Yoto product from Amazon or any other retailer, whether online or at a retail outlet, you must return them to your point of purchase. Different retailers will have different rules, so please be sure to check in advance of doing so.
All Policies and Processes remain subject to change at any time. Current versions will always be available to view at the Yotoplay website.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 7 working days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, please follow these steps:
- First, check your bank account again
- Then, contact your credit card company. It may take some time before your refund is officially posted
- Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us.
Sale items will be refunded up to the value they were sold at
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, please contact us for further details.
Refunds will only be made to the original purchaser of the goods. If the refund is in the form of a discount voucher then that voucher is transferable.
Recycling and WEEE
You might be surprised to learn that WEEE is not in fact the sound of a child plummeting down a slide, but it’s actually the Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment Directive. It’s far more exciting and useful than it sounds, so please do read on!
Sure. So what is it?
The Directive states that as a retailer, we must provide a way for customers buying our new electrical products (i.e. Yoto Player, Yoto Mini, Headphones), the opportunity to recycle their old electrical items free of charge. We are registered with a company called Valpak to help us offer this service through their Distributor Take Back Scheme.
We are also registered with Valpak for manufacturer compliance under the Directive.
Which items can be recycled?
Wherever you see a picture of a wheelie bin crossed out, this is to show you that old electrical equipment can be recycled - reusing or safely disposing of any hazardous materials, and not be thrown away in your normal waste. So please keep it separate from your other waste and don’t throw it out!
Count me in! Where do I recycle them?
Head over to www.recycle-more.co.uk for how to find a local recycling facility
Great. Now, show me the legal stuff.
Our WEEE Producer number is WEE/MM6680AA
Our Battery Producer number is BPRN09070
Our DTS registration ID is 600035