Yoto products are suitable for use by kids aged 3 and up. Although we've got hundreds of titles for kids from birth to 12+ years, children under 3 years should only use Yoto products under adult supervision. We recommend only adults use the charger, which should be kept out of reach of children at all times. We want Yoto products to grow with your kids throughout their childhood. But that’s only possible if our products can withstand the trials and tribulations of family life. That’s why we maintain high levels of control and supervision and conduct regular performance testing and quality inspections, to make sure our products have the longevity and quality you would expect. And of course, all of our products undergo rigorous third-party testing to the highest global safety standards.
Yoto products meet the unique toy safety standards of every region where they are sold, including EN71 for Europe & UK, ASTM for the United States, ISO for Australia and SOR for Canada. They also comply with RoHS and REACH, which is EU legislation that controls the risks associated with chemical and hazardous substances in electronic equipment, and the various low voltage, radio equipment and electromagnetic compatibility legislation from around the globe.
See below for our product safety manuals and warnings. But first, some guidance on safe use, in pictures.
Safety guidance - in pictures
Yoto Player and Yoto Mini are not suitable for children under three years of age as they contain small parts, which could present a choking hazard and a long cord which is a strangulation risk.
The Yoto Player charger is not a toy and should be kept out of reach of children. Yoto Player and Yoto Mini should only be set up and charged by adults. Be careful not to put the Player or Yoto Mini in contact with anything that conducts electricity and place it on a stable, flat surface when in use.
Yoto Player and Yoto Mini are not splash or drip proof. Keep Yoto Player and Yoto Mini away from water, moisture and any heat; do not submerge the products. Clean with a dry soft cloth, if that doesn’t work, be sure to disconnect the product from the power supply before cleaning with a damp microfibre cloth. Do not use solvent, chlorides or chemical cleaning agents.
Both Yoto Player and Yoto Mini should be operated in a well ventilated environment and should not be covered (apart from appropriate Yoto accessories i.e. Adventure Jacket), due to risk of overheating. Both Yoto Player and Yoto Mini should be placed on a stable, flat surface in use.
Children should not sleep with the Yoto Player or Yoto Mini in their beds, or cover it in any way.
Product Safety Information Manuals For warnings and safety information, check out our Product Safety Information Manuals:
Product Conformity and Symbols
You will see certain symbols on our products, here is a quick guide to what they mean:
- 0-3 symbol & 3+ warnings are on our products and packaging to warn care givers that the products should not be given to or charged within reach of children under 3 years
- CE & UKCA symbols are certification marks that indicate health, safety and environmental protection legislation and confirms a product's compliance with relevant requirements in the European Union & UK
- FCC symbol is a certification mark found on electronic products manufactured or sold in the United States
- RCM symbol is a certification mark found on electronic products manufactured or sold in Australia
- WEEE means do not dispose of electricals and batteries in household waste but take to your local recycling centre for safe WEEE disposal (For France, WEEE UIN Code: FR249133_01AAFV)
Please see below for the official warnings in respect to Yoto Player and Yoto Mini:
WARNING: Choking hazard. Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years of age
WARNING: Long cord. Strangulation hazard. Not for children under 3 years of age
WARNING: Yoto Player contains inaccessible, high powered magnets, which can interfere with pacemakers and other implanted medical devices
The Yoto Player shall only be used with the provided Yoto Dock charger. The external Yoto Dock charger provided is a transformer for toys. The transformer is not a toy. Transformers and power supplies for toys are not intended to be used as toys and the use of these products by children shall be under the full supervision of parents.
The Yoto Mini shall only be charged by adults and used with a USB-C cable.
Both Yoto Player and Yoto Mini should be operated in a well ventilated environment and should not be covered by any items (excluding appropriate Yoto accessories i.e. Adventure Jacket).
Both Yoto Player and Yoto Mini should be placed on a stable, flat surface in use and should not be contacted by conductive items.
Both Yoto Player and Yoto Mini contain batteries that are non-replaceable.
Do not operate the Yoto Player or Yoto Mini if damaged, and/or if broken. To avoid malfunction or damage to both Yoto Player and Yoto Mini please observe the following:
- Do not expose to water or moisture whilst in operation. If you do need to clean with liquids be sure to disconnect from charging and power off before cleaning.
- Do not expose to heat from any source; the Yoto Player and Yoto Mini are designed for reliable operation at normal ambient room temperatures.
- Take care whilst handling to avoid mechanical damage to the unit.
- Do not tamper with screws or dismantle the product in any way as they are not designed to be repaired by users. See our Product Guarantee for more information.
This page was last updated December 2022