Promotional Terms and Conditions
Yoto Space Creative Audio Competition
You are invited to submit an original piece of audio as part of the Yoto Space Competition (the “Competition”). Details of the prizes and full Terms and Conditions of entry can be found below. By entering into this Competition, you agree that you have read these Terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in your disqualification from the Competition.
This Competition is run by Yoto Limited, a company registered in England with registered number 09542062 and registered office at 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX (“Yoto”).
The Competition is open for entries between 30 March 2023 and 30 April 2023.
No purchase is necessary to enter this Competition and will not increase your chances of winning.
To enter this Competition you must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- and submit a valid piece of creative audio (“Audio”) and add Yoto icons, cover art and create a MYO playlist (together with the Audio, the “Entry”).
To submit your Entry visit https://yoto.space/share-your-creation and complete the form. You are entirely responsible for the Entry submitted by you for this Competition.
Yoto does not take ownership of your Entry, however by submitting your Entry to Yoto in this Competition, you grant Yoto the right to make the Entry available across Yoto’s websites and app for Yoto families to download for at least a six month period following submission.
First Stage Your Entry will be reviewed by Yoto’s Moderation Team to ensure the following conditions are complied with.
The Entry must:
- be an entirely original work created by you, or made using public domain assets
The Entry will not be accepted if:
- it is deemed inappropriate for children, offensive or in any way libellous
- it is in any way plagiarised
- it is of inadequate quality for sharing on the Yoto platform
- it includes any third party intellectual property i.e. music, audio, artwork, narrative, characters
- it is sent directly by a child without authorisation from parent/carer. Yoto reserves the right to ask for proof of permission. Entries without permission will be disqualified.
Second Stage Once the Entry has passed our Moderation checks, submissions will be made available on Yoto Space.
Yoto accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, illegible, incorrect, corrupted or fail to reach Yoto by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted.
The Competition is not open to directors or employees of Yoto Ltd. or their families or anyone else connected with this Competition. Yoto reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
The prize for the Competition consists of the following cash prizes (USD or equivalent currency)
- Judged by Yoto Panel:
- 1st: $1000
- 2nd: $300
- 3rd: $200
- 4th: $100
- 5th: $50
- Judged by Community Vote
- The top 10 highest number of votes - $100 each
- Total Prize Value: $2650 (each a “Prize” and together the “Prizes”).
The winners of the Competition will be notified no later than 11 May 2023:
- Yoto will contact winners by email, to the email address used for submission of the Entry
- in the event of a winner not responding after 14 days, Yoto reserves the right to allocate the Prize to another winner, or to foreclose the Prize
- unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
You can find out who has won a Prize by sending a stamped addressed envelope from 30 days after the closing date, to: (i) for UK residents: Audio Maker Competition, Yoto Limited, 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX (ii) for North American residents: Yoto Inc, 228 Park Ave S #48734, New York, NY 10003
Prizes are non-transferable and are subject to availability. Yoto reserves the right to amend the specification of the Prize or offer an alternative prize. In exceptional circumstances, Yoto reserves the right to foreclose the Competition without notice. In the event that you change your mind and seek to withdraw your Entry or the availability of such Entry for users to add to their Yoto library, you may be required to repay any Prize previously awarded.
Rights Granted By entering the Competition, where the Audio contains voices of children, you agree to Yoto’s Audio Recording Notice.
By submitting the Entry, entrants agree to Yoto using the name of the entrant and the Entry in post-competition publicity. For the avoidance of doubt, no further information will be used unless entrants opt in for further media involvement, such as appearing on Yoto Daily.
Any copyright, moral rights or other intellectual property rights in any Entry submitted remain with the creator. However, each entrant agrees to grant a worldwide licence to Yoto to feature any or all of the Entry on Yoto Daily, its websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this Competition. You grant Yoto the right to make the Entry available across Yoto’s websites and app for Yoto families to download for at least a six month period following submission.
As stated above, stories will be disqualified in the event of any inappropriate content. In instances where the Entry suggests reasonable risk or concern to the wellbeing of a child, Yoto reserves the right to disqualify the entry and escalate the concern. Escalation will take place in line with Yoto’s safeguarding policies and procedures, which may include, but is not limited to, passing the submission on to relevant third party bodies involved in child protection and safeguarding.
Yoto’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Yoto may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Competition. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of Yoto, so far as is permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, however caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of the Prize is specifically excluded. All activities are undertaken at the entrant's own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Yoto Ltd. 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX
My Yoto Tokens
- You must have a Yoto account to be eligible to enter our loyalty programme
- You can only earn tokens when you complete actions set by Yoto (see Earn Tokens section here). Yoto reserves the right to change the actions and number of tokens associated to a specific action at any time.
- Yoto Tokens expire 1 year after your most recent purchase.
- You can only redeem tokens at Yoto-owned properties, specifically uk.yotoplay.com.
- Tokens cannot be added to your account after a purchase has been made on Yoto-owned properties or any other merchant sites. You must make a purchase on Yoto-owned website and own a Yoto account to get rewarded.
- Tokens cannot be transferred to another Yoto account.
- Tokens cannot be redeemed after a purchase has been made.
- Tokens redeemed are not re-credited if an order has been cancelled or partially refunded.
- Tokens cannot be redeemed if another promotional offer is on.
- Shipping costs are calculated after discount codes or tokens have been applied.
- We do not allow the sharing of referral codes in the following places: Coupon sites, Yoto’s social media posts, pages, advertisements or reviews, and Other third party sites and marketplaces such as eBay. If codes are found on any of the above, we reserve the right to ban you from our programme and cancel all tokens gained.
- Programme live date on uk.yotoplay.com is March 2nd 2021. Tokens will be accumulated from that date.
This Promotion is organised by Yoto Limited, 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX; a company registered in England and Wales, company number 09542062. Yoto reserves the right to change without notice the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion or modify or end this Promotion at any time without notice.